Survey Shows that Travel Media are Ready to Lead the Way on post-COVID Consumer Travel
May 27, 2020
A survey conducted by CM Communications, a leading PR agency specializing in travel and hospitality, discovered that travel journalists and social influencers are ready to travel for the purpose of writing stories and sharing their experiences with consumers, as soon as stay-at-home orders allow. The survey, which included responses from over 400 editors, freelance journalists, bloggers, and Instagrammers from major markets nationwide, shows that 25% are willing to travel immediately and 36% will be ready to visit hotels and resorts within 1-2 months of when restrictions are lifted.
Other highlights of the travel media survey include:
- 73% of respondents say they look forward to taking a beach or lakeside getaway
- 53% are interested in enjoying a road trip through scenic countryside
When asked about expectations for safety precautions at hotels:
- 90% of respondents say they expect hand sanitizers throughout the property
- 89% expect more rigorous cleaning techniques
- 59% want guest service staff to wear masks and gloves
For more detailed information on the Travel Media Survey visit mediaconciergePR.com.